- About us
- Area under Jurisdiction
- Major Projects
- Significant Achievements
- Expertise Available
- Contact us
Gangetic Plains Regional Centre (GPRC) was set up at Patna in March, 1965 under Third Five Year Plan to survey, ascertain and augment knowledge on the faunal resources of Gangetic Plains.
The jurisdiction of the Station is spread over two states Bihar having 38 Districts with one National Park, eleven Wildlife Sanctuaries and one Tiger Reserve and Jharkhand having 24 Districts with one National Park, ten Wildlife Sanctuaries and one Tiger Reserve.
- Total holdings: 31,627
- Identified: 6377
- Animal Remains from Chirand, Saran Dist, Bihar.
- Animal Remains from Lumbini in Nepal.
- Ecology of Suraha Lake, Ballia Dist. UP.
- Studies of Lac Insects and Butterflies of South Bihar.
- Plant and Soil Nematodes of Bihar.
- Plant Parasitic mites of Bihar.
- On Nichollsia kashiene- a Deep Well Crustacean.
- Osteology of Bats of Bihar.
- Studies on Freshwater Molluscs of Munger and Santhal Pragana Dist. of erstwhile Bihar,
- Exploration of freshwater ecosystem: Kabar Lake.
- Fauna of Bihar : Mammalia.
- Fauna of Bihar : Aquatic Insects.
- Fauna of Madhepura and Bhagwanpur wetland in Madubani district, Bihar.
- Faunal Exploration of Singhbhum and Giridih with special reference to Dalma Sanctuary.
- Faunal Exploration: Bhimbandh Wildlife Sanctuary, Munger, Bihar.
- Tetrapod Fauna w.s.r. to Mammals of Hazaribagh National Park
- Monograph on Nichollsia kashiensis Chopra and Tiwari ( Crustacea : Isopoda). Mem. ZSI. 17: 160pp.
- Faunal composition of Kaimur Wildlife Sanctuary (Bihar): Conservation Area Series No. 22,-2004.
- Fauna of Valmiki Nagar Tiger Reserve : Fauna of Conservation Areas No. 10,- 1998.
- Fauna of Kabar Lake Wetland (Bihar): Ecosystem Series, 2002.
- Fauna of Bihar (including Jharkhand) Part-1 : State fauna Series 11.2004.
- The Odonata of Bihar
Total 264 research papers are published in journals of national and international repute.
The regional fauna is displayed for the benefit of students and general public.
Library of the station holds 1742 books and 42 journals subscribed regularly.
Dr. Gopal Sharma, Scientist-‘C’ Officer-in-Charge
Dr. Navneet Singh, Scientist-‘C’
Sri Vinod Kumar, Asst. Zoologist
Zoological Survey Of India
Gangetic Plains Regional Centre
11 - D, Rajendra Nagar, Patna - 800016, Bihar
Ph: 0612 – 2670686 / 2664049