- About us
- Area under Jurisdiction
- Major Projects
- Significant Achievements
- Expertise Available
- Contact us
The station´s area of work is spread over Sunderbans, which encompasses the unique mangrove ecosystem harboring one Tiger Reserve and a Biosphere Reserve.
- Total holdings: 3800
- Identified: 1300
- Mangrove Associate Molluscs of Sunderbans.
- Spiders of Sunderbans, West Bengal.
- Studies on Some Ethno-medicinal Arachnids and Insects in relation to their usage as drugs among the tribe of Sunderbans.
- Survey and Assessment of Sunderban fishes.
- Amphibian and Reptilian Fauna of Sunderbans.
- Taxonomy and Ecology of the Marine Crustaceans.
- Trichotaxonomic studies of Indian mammals: Order Carnivora: Ailupodidae, Mustelidae, Viveridae and Ursidae.
- Mangrove Associate Molluscs of Sunderbans
- Spiders of Sunderbans, West Bengal
- Studies on Some Ethno-medicinal Arachnids and Insects in relation to their usage as drugs among the tribe of Sunderbans - Taxonomic Studies of some spiders from Mangrove and semi mangrove areas of Sunderbans.
- Fish faunal resources of Sunderban Estuarine System with special reference to the Biology of some commercially important species.
More than 30 publications including five documents are brought out by the station.
The library holds 339 books and 47 journals, needed for carrying out the studies on mangrove ecosystem.
Dr. D. Suresh Chand, Scientist-‘C’ Officer-in-Charge
Sunderbans Regional Centre
Zoological Survey of India,
Canning- 743 329
24 Parganas (S)
Phone- 03218- 255211 / 03218-256721